Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What I'm Eating Tonight... {3}

Yes, I realize my last post was on What I'm Eating Tonight, but I can help doing two in a row. I hope you don't mind... 

When you're in the middle of a sticky, sweltering summer, one of the first things you look to for refreshment is ice cream. Cool, creamy... how can it fail to abate your suffering? I love ice cream just like anybody, and now that I'm allergic to the world's favorite sweet, I'm always on the lookout for new, creative, tasty ways to consume ice cream. 

I'm certain you all are familiar with the all famous cereal known as Fruity Pebbles. Absolutely chock full of artificial fruit flavor, vibrant chemical colors, and more sugar than any normal person should digest for breakfast.. yes, that cereal. Amazingly delicious, isn't it? Well, when going through our pantry the other day, I came across a half full bag of this fruit wannabe cereal, and thought, "You put milk normally on cereal. How different would it be to substitute ice cream for the milk?"

Of course, this had nothing to do with the fact that the rest of my family was consuming ice cream in delicious, crunchy cones that contain another terrible allergen of mine (that's soy, by the way, but we won't dwell on that), and also the fact I was terribly in the mood for something slightly crunchy with my ice cream.

So, here, my dear readers, what I'm eating tonight (even though technically I ate it a few days ago):



Vanilla Ice Cream And Fruity Pebbles!









It's actually really good! I tried to make the cereal act more like a coating like those you see on ice cream bars. After I filled the bottom of my bowl with Fruity Pebbles, I dropped a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, pressed it down so that it would pick up tons of those crunchy, delicious morsels, and then flipped it so the cereal was on top. I also tried this combination with strawberry ice cream, which worked very nicely with the fruity flavors of the cereal. 

So, what do you think? How do you normally consume Fruity Pebbles? 

4 comments:

  1. i'm not allergic to chocolate (that would be TERRIBLE :(:(:(:(:( ) and I love it but this is an ADORABLY cute blog FYI :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, being allergic to chocolate can sometimes be a pain, but I thank the Lord daily for the other wonderful foods He was given us that aren't chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Yummy! We awarded you over at our blog!
    God Bless!
    ~The Keller Girls~

    ReplyDelete