Friday, August 17, 2012

Yummy, Healthy Banana Bread

So, there I was... sitting and munching quietly on a banana when all of the sudden I realized that I hadn't posted on Allergic to Chocolate in... uh, a long time. And then because I was eating a banana, I got in a yummy banana bread mood. So, I'm sharing another of my wonderful sister's recipes with you all. 

And I do apologize for the lack of posts. Summer has been incredibly busy, but know this: I have been experimenting different things with vanilla ice cream and I'm planning a post soon on some of the best ways to eat vanilla ice cream (besides putting it with fruity pebbles). 

Anywho, here you go! And be sure to stop by Who Needs Eggs for more recipes! 


Healthy Banana Bread

1 cup natural brown sugar
½ cup oil
½ cup apricots, blended
4 mashed bananas
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup oat flour
½ cup spelt flour
½ cup rye flour
½ cup wheat flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease a 9x5x3” loaf pan.
Cream together sugar and oil. Add apricots and beat well. Stir in bananas, lemon juice, and vanilla. Sift in flours, baking powder, and salt. Mix until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment