Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Gingerbread "Mug" Cake

I apologize for the low-quality pics. I'm not the greatest photographer.

Who doesn't love gingerbread? To me, it's one of the greatest desserts on the face of this earth because I'm allergic to chocolate. Spicy, thick, moist, with a million raisins... what's not to like? 

I should probably call this a bowl cake, rather than a mug cake, because it's so large. You can make it in a mug, but I find the bowl is just nice for me. And get ready for this, folks... I'm actually posting a recipe that I made up myself. Yeah, Kiri Liz, the disaster of kitchens, burner of anything edible, is baking. But, hey! Microwave ovens are fairly easy, and nothing (usually) goes up in flames.

Gingerbread Mug Cake

6 tsp. flour
3 tsp. oil
2 tsp. water
1 egg
3 tsp. molasses
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
dash of vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of cloves
dash of allspice
handful of raisins

Mix everything together in the mug or bowl of your choice. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Allow the cake to cool, and then sprinkle powdered sugar over the top for an extra special garnish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment